Thursday, February 18, 2010

Updates and Such

     How have you been? It's been a crazy few weeks--food foraging (not really) in India, in search of Chinese food in Kolkata, hard drives crashing, losing photos in that crash, silent mental breakdowns with even quieter panic attacks...that's been me for a few weeks.
    Anyway, to start with the start, wanted to share a neat little blog with you. Click on it and enjoy the site: It's called A Taste of Savoie --the photos are amazing and so's the blog. Let me know what you think.
     On another note--last month and the beginning of this one, I was in New Delhi and Kolkata--and yes, all I did was eat.
A representative image would be this:
    And no, I didn't eat the girls. That's Dilli Haat. More on that in the next post. But yes, it was a colorful, beautiful, crazily busy, and a surprisingly fun (food) trip. And did I mention the food?

Anyway, it was more than a cappuccino, and yes, it was at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. And fascinating because I am in a reverse-culture shock mode right now with all these Americanisms flourishing in India.






     Okay, back to food, and food that I enjoy. At Kolkata's Chinatown, thread chicken--basically, wonton skins-wrapped chicken--yum.
    And a favorite at South Ex New Delhi's most famous Bengali Sweet Market--the savory part, the best in the world, chole bhature (छोले भठूरे):


     And yes, we're not talking low-salt, nutritious, low-oil, non-fried, non-greasy food. But c'mon, how can you resist this? I go home just for that! Anyway, thought I'd give you a preview on what you'll see from my trip in the next few quite frequent posts: Chicken biryani, zarda, आर (aar) fish curry, Wenger's pineapple pastries, Keventer's milkshakes, Dilli Haat's food and dance shows...you get the picture.
     Finally, to end, don't know if you caught this, but there's my mug with my Masala Scrambled Eggs recipe on Good Bite.
    I'll be back soon, till then, hope your week's going great, and hope you're enjoying yourself--the snow, the sunshine, the fog...wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment